6171 Bathurst Street Suite 711 Toronto, ON M2R 1Z6
E-mail: [email protected]
To obtain a position of a Program Facilitator to successfully guide youth throughout of transition during their new high school experiences utilizing my sound judgement in assessing their needs and applying my skills and experience in serving them according to established best practices in the field.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS:
- 7 years of counselling individuals, couples, youths, elders and adolescents to solve problems, providing support in various not for profits organizations in Toronto
- 3 years of volunteer management and facilitation experience
- Outstanding organizational skills and proficiency in program development and implementation
- Great interpersonal and communication skills in English, Turkish, and Azerbaijani Languages
- Trustworthy, eager to learn, with a positive attitude, creative and a great problem solver
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office Suit 2007
- Proven team player and with excellent leadership skills in various environments
- Excellent ability to effectively function in high-pressure environments utilizing superb multi-tasking capabilities
- 11 years of interviewing experience.
- Coordinated and organized community- based programs, events and festivals, and has supervised over 30 volunteers & 10 employees.
- Documented clients and programming service in compliance with agency policy requirements. Extensive knowledge on social policy, legislation, social justice, social welfare, managing and offering solutions to individual problems.
- Extensive speaking and writing experience; wrote and published academic articles.
- Experience in working with diverse populations, getting positive results.
Interfaith-Intercultural Activities Coordinator 2010-2011
Intercultural Dialog Institute (IDI), Toronto Branch
Anatolian Heritage Federation (AHF), Toronto
- Connected families and individuals to community resources and organizing campaigns, assessing social-economical needs, and provided supportive counselling to communities.
Activities Director, Public Relations Unit Director 2006-2010
Canadian Intercultural Dialogue Center (CIDC),
Canadian Turkish Friendship Community (CTFC), Toronto
- Assessed clients with mental health issues, family crises cases and provided support to families, individuals, youth and adolescents at the Canadian Turkish Friendship Community (CTFC) in Toronto.
Department Manager 2003-2006
Astra Canada Pulses Inc, Regina, Saskatchewan
Event Coordinator 2000-2003
Sunrise Education Trust, Toronto
Chess Club Teacher/Educator 2007
- Prepared students to a national and international chess competition
Organisation Assistant 2007-2010
- Assisted a Food Donation Campaign-Africa in for the Dicle Islamic Society (DIS) in Toronto
As a Youth Program Supporter, did psychological assessment and support for Atak Soccer Club players and Kardelen Music Group members at CTFC in 2007-2008 in Toronto
Bachelor Liberal of Arts and Professional Studies, Honour Sociology, York University, Toronto
Diploma of Social Service Worker, Centennial College, Toronto
Certificate of the French Language Explore Program, York University, Toronto
Certificate of Mock Disaster Course “Tele-buddy Project”, Network Ideas, Centennial College
AWARDS AND BURSARIES
Provost’s Scholarship, York University
York Business & Prof Alliance Bursary OSOTFI, York University
George Tatham Memorial Bursary, York University
Reference: Available upon request.